Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Proof That Anyone Could Die Any Day...

A few weeks ago I ran into a former coworker while pumping gas. I hadn't seen him in about 9 months or so. We hugged. We talked. He begged me to come back to work at the doctor's office we worked at together in 2004-2005.

Yesterday I applied at ANOTHER doctor's office and gave them my former employer as reference. They asked me if I had heard the news....

"S" had died. Just days after I had met him at the gas station. I was shocked. My eyes filled with tears. How? What? Why?

I called my former employer to find out what had happened and to let them know I was thinking of the office as a whole. This would be a huge blow to them. He had worked there longer than anyone. He was the only male in the office other than the 5 doctors. He was a father figure to many and friend to others.

That was when I found out that he had died as a result of a self inflicted gunshot.

Wow. I really don't know what to say. I'll miss you "S". Alot of people will. Bless your troubled soul. May you rest in peace.

No comments: