Friday, August 19, 2005

Boob Alert...

Tonight we had a mini family reunion. In a house that was NOT designed to hold family reunions in. There was me and my 4 (MP is out-of-town, lucky bastard). My sister, her husband and their 2 boys. My brother, his wife and their 3 hellions (I mean, kids). Mimi and Poppy (my Aunt and Uncle). And my Sister's Mother. Well, *I* call her SQ's Mother and she calls her *MY* Mother--no one really wants to claim her.

When my brother and his crew arrived, I was breastfeeding Caden in the living room. I am almost a professional at breastfeeding in front of people now. I now have proof. One of my nephews came up to me all ga-ga over the baby. "Oh he's so cute." Sammy is about 10, 11, 12 (I dunno). So, he's all "How are you? What ya been doing?" Then he leans in real close to look at the baby and says "What is he doing?" I looked him in the eye and said "He's having a little boob."

You should have seen the fear. The horror. The poor boy turned white. Then red. Backed away as quick as his PreTeen/clumsy/gangly legs could carry him, lay his head down on the table and moaned "Oh my Gawd. Gross. Gross!" I am sure he is scarred for life now. Oh well.

No comments: