Friday, July 25, 2008

Mama Said There Would Be Days Like This...

Most people celebrate Fridays. TGIF and all that hooha. Normally Fridays ARE great. But Fridays are not so good to me. Fridays mean that my kids have to go to daycare alllll day. From 8am until 530PM. Thats a long time for them. They don't like it. It's boring.




Carson has a habit of cursing and biting at daycare. Claudia gets emotional and cries usually. It makes me sad. Because I can't do anything about it. I wish I could. But I can't. Claudia wants me to tell you she is the sweetest girl in the entire world!!!! And she is. But she gets sad there sometimes. Life is hard for these kids recently. Carson's joy comes from video games and Claudia's comes from Webkinz. Geez Louise, I just spelled it wrong and she corrected me. Smarty pants! LOL

Caden barely tolerates daycare--but that's because *I* am his teacher. So he has me all day. Except at nap time--that's when I leave for an hour and a half to go home to nap--see Sweets or run errands (ie tan, grocery shop, pay bills...).

Today alot of my kiddos/students were grumpelstilkiens. Fridays are crappy for them too. They know that the weekends mean change. Some go from Dad's house to Mom's or vice versa. Some get to stay up late/sleep late. Some have Birthday parties and practice of *some* sort. Some see Daddy (he's been working all week). They know that something is "a foot". Different. Out of the ordinary.

So all of us were "off". Because--even tho I saw Sweets at lunch (a QUICK lunch), I won't see him again until Sunday at church. These are the days that make me sad. I miss having him with me. I miss talking to him--even just seeing him on the couch while I unload the dishwasher. Am I a sicko or what?! I mean, geez. Am I in the 7th grade OR WHAT!?

The only bright spot in my Fridays is that I have my kids. And Fridays and Saturdays are "sleepover" nights. We pull the couch bed out and we watch TV/movies until they fall asleep. We eat popcorn. Drink Coke and laugh about everything and nothing. THESE are good times. I love my kids. I do. I do. I do.

No comments: