Saturday, September 24, 2005

Storm Update...

It is 11:15AM here on Saturday. We are a little wet and alot of windy. We still have electricity and satellite TV. Cliff is at work, so I had to batten down the hatches myself--and go to the feed store for extra hay and stall shavings. I went down to the interstate to buy Mickey D's for the kids for breakfast--past all the church's that are temporary shelters, the parking lots were full. There wasn't alot of traffic. I guess everyone is staying in, getting ready.

Calie and I went out to get Doc (her horse) up to the small pasture, near the barn. He didn't really want to come up. It was sprinkling, so Calie had her umbrella--which promptly turned inside out. We were laughing so hard. It was almost fun--like a tiny adventure. I hope we still feel light hearted later.

On a very sad note: Tara (my new and much loved sister-in-law) may be having a miscarriage. They live in Galveston county--on the peninsula and are staying near here to weather the storm. I'm hoping it is "just bleeding" and not a true miscarriage. She and Josh were *Oh So Happy* when the test was positive--I hope...Well, you know what I hope. Will you hope with me? The stress of the storm can't be helping...And I know she is worrying and questioning every thing she has done in the last few days. Bless her heart. I ache for her worrying.

I am hoping that the storm was less than expected everywhere. Poor Louisiana. My heart aches for them. They have had way more than their share of crap.

Now, I'm gonna lighten my thoughts and go read a few of my favorite blogs.

www.dooce.com and www.ebonymommy.com and www.myfuckingeye.com and a few others...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for your sister in law I really hope it turns out the baby is just fine. My heart also aches for poor Louisiana they really have been through the wringer. Thank goodness Texas was spared- I'm so glad you and your family are safe!